I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Harvest Tea and a few Great Buys!


I want to Thank Jody and Stan over at Rooted in Thyme for featuring my Halloween decor at night post from last week's Simple and Sweet Fridays!
Once again, I am so  very honored and flattered to have been featured!

Thanks so much Jody and Stan!! Please hop over and visit and maybe link up to Simple and Sweet Fridays!!

And I am also very honored to have been featured by Debbie over at Debbiedoo's as one of the
 10+ Fall Home Tour Roundups from Fall Home Tour October Fest of Fun Party!!

I am blushing!! LOL!
 Thanks so much, Deb!!  Please stop by Debbiedoo's and maybe link up her Power of Pinterest Party and her Newbie Link Up Party for new Bloggers.

I also want to thank my fellow Pennsylvanian Jen over at Creating with the J's for mentioned me in her post
A Witch's Potion Buffet and being so kind to say that I gave her a bit of inspiration!
Thanks so much , Jen , for the Shout Out !!  Please visit Jen and take a looky at the wonderful Halloween displays she has created!!

Thanks so much to all of these great bloggers for sharing the Love!!

Okay, my Sta-Cation ends tomorrow ( Monday ) night when I have to return to work after being off for 16 days....Boo Hoo!

I did get a lot of work and cleaning done on my Sta- cation which is a good thing.

I also attended the Harvest Tea at my Church with my good friend, Anne Marie.
I was a hostess at this event for several years, decorating and hosting as much as 3 tables. This year, I attended as a guest and we sat at the "public" tables which were hosted by Dorothy, who was the chairing  of the event .

So today I would love to share with you the fabulous tables from the Harvest Tea.

The Harvest Tea Pots


Hostesses-  Anne Marie and Cheryl

This is one of their 2 tables.....

God Bless America


Hostesses- Rose Mary and Sandy

They even rented chair covers and also did 2 tables!!

South of the Border



Hostess- Sue

The Real Housewives of NEPA( North East Pennsylvania)

Hostess- Susan

Susan owns a  Hair Salon called Clip Tease and she did 3 tables and invited her customers and friends.....










Queen of Hearts

Hostess- Mara
She did 2 tables and also rented chair covers!!.....






Autumn Lights

Hostess- Chris


Cupid's Arrow



Hostesses- Ida and her daughters Mary and Annette

The also did 2 tables....






Mickey's Galore

Hostess- Lorraine

Gone with The Wind

Hostess's Maryann and  Pat










Pat and Maryann even dressed the part.....
And Maryann brought her beautiful Tea Cart to serve her guests from and her own chair covers!!

Christmas 2012




Hostess- Peg

I just have to mention that these vases that look so pretty are the plastic ones from the Dollar Tree!!

Would you have thought it?????
Peg's serving table.....

Victorian Village

Hostess- Len
Len is an older woman with a lot of health issues so her friend Bernadine and other friends helped her...
And I apologize as I somehow forgot to take a picture of the actual table....

Decorations for Santa

The second table done by Anne Marie and Cheryl




Trees, Trees, Trees

Hostess- Mary Ann 

Those were all  the tables decorated by a particular Hostess. I think they did a spectacular job!!

 When you are a Hostess for The Harvest Tea, you are responsible for choosing a Theme and decorating your table or tables and providing a favor and food for the guests that you invite to sit at your table.  Each guest pays  $10  and all proceeds go into a Scholarship Fund for a deserving High School Senior from the Parish who is furthering their Education.

Dorothy , who is in charge of the Event , does several tables for those guests who wish to attend but are not invited by a particular Hostess or for members of the parish who do not want to host a table but want to attend.

This is how I attended this year . Those members of the Parish who do this usually help Dorothy out by bringing food and baked goods to serve to the guests at these tables. I baked cookies and made chicken salad sandwiches to help out.

Dorothy did 6 tables this year!!!!

Scare Crow City

This is the table where Anne Marie and I sat.


Nurses are "Berry" Special

No, this nurse did NOT sit at this table!! LOL!!

Remember, I was on vacation!!

 Autumn Leaves


I Love Valentine's Day



Pretty Pumpkins


Mum's the Word


Each Hostess is also asked to supply a Door Prize to be chanced off in a Raffle.

All the Door Prizes were displayed up on the stage. I donated a wreath......
Dorothy's Public tables were up in front and long tables were set up in the front with all the food for those tables.......

And this is Dorothy , who does a fantastic job every year. She is also the Mayor of the town where my church is located.....
There is some sort of Entertainment each year and our church choir provided the entertainment for this year's Tea.
Everyone went into the Church to enjoy the Choir since usually over 200 attend this event filling our Parish Hall to capacity.
We had a wonderful time and I really enjoyed not being a hostess and just being a guest .  Maybe when I can stop working, I will be a Hostess again since I will have more time then.

 Great Buys

I did get to go out and do a bit of shopping and I found this at Lowe's , marked down from $34.94 to $8.74!!
How could I resist!!
And here is my Wheelbarrow in my Front Flower Bed....

Perfect for my Faux Pumpkins....
My Mums survived the killing frost that we had the other day when temps. dropped down into the 20's.
That was the end of my annuals and perennials . Joe ripped them out and cut them down....
We also bought this rug at Lowe's for the Kitchen.....
It matches my old Kitchen floor....
And I found these velvet pumpkins at Ross's.  T.J. Max and Marshall's had the same pumpkins but for $4.99 each. I bought them at Ross's for $2.99 each!!
And I also bought a Skeleton Man ornament for my Halloween tree at Ross's.......
He was $4.99...
He matches my Skeleton lady ornaments that I bought at Ross's last year....
They have these this year and also witch ornaments that look similar to these....

Well, that is all I have to share with you for today!! I guess that was quite a bit though!! LOL!!

I am having a little Fall Get Together today with friends and family and then it is back to work for me and Joe....

Boo Hoo!!

I am so sorry for not being able to visit much these past 2 weeks but i do hope to make up for it soon!!

Please forgive me????

I am linking up to these great parties this week:

Masterpiece Monday
Blue Monday
Mod Vintage Mix Monday
Make It Pretty Monday
Mop It Up Mondays

Cowgirl Up! Creative Linky Party
Knick of Time Tuesday
Tea Time Tuesday
Tabletop Tuesday
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Tweak It Tuesdays
Totally Transformed Tuesdays

All Star Blogger Block Party
What's It Wednesday
Wow Us Wednesday
Rednesday
Fall into Fall Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays

DIY Fall Festival

Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Show Off Your Stuff Party on Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share your Creations Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Tablescape Thursday

Weekend Warmth Party
Home Sweet Home Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Potpourri Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
Tickled Pink Party

Pink Saturday
Say G' Day Saturday Link party

Seasonal Sunday
Sunny Simple Sundays
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sunday's Best= Monthly- November 4
Sunday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...