I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Tea in the Garden!


First off. my thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by the flooding in Colorado and other states. My area is no stranger to flooding so I do understand what all of you are going through.....

 I want to Thank Kathy over at Life on Lakeshore Drive for giving my post , I'm in the Newspaper, a Special Shout Out!!!
 Kathy hosts the weekly party , A Bouquet of Talent Party!

Thanks so much , Kathy!!   Please take some time to visit and link up to this great party!!

Again, I worked on this post about 2 weeks ago so I would have a post up while I am working on clearing out my downstairs and painting...
The flooring in coming on Friday so that it adapts to the atmosphere in the house and then on Monday, the 23rd, remodel starts!!

We finished all the painting in the DR and the LR so now, over the last 3 years, the entire downstairs has been repainted!!

Back to this post.....

This is just a simple little Teascape outside on the Patio.....
The garden is actually starting to show signs of Fall now.......



It is so hard to get good pictures when the Sun is out in full force as half of the yard is shaded by the trees in the back.....

I took a lot of these pictures over the course of a day...








I used one of my vintage tablecloths....
Remember those purple dishes that Joe bought for $1.00 each on Clearance at Wegman's?

And the tea pot , creamer and sugar bowl is from T.J.Maxx and Marshall's.....





The Tea and Toast sets came from Salvation Army!!









In looking at these pictures now, I realize that I have the spoon and the fork in the wrong place!!!

I guess it was a Senior moment!!

Hopefully, my next post will show you the painting we have done in the DR and LR and how I re-arranged some of the wall art , which I have a lot of!! Remember, I am a Victorian Soul who subscribes to the Philosophy of More is More!!

I am still trying to catch up on my visiting but right now life is a bit crazy and my house looks like a bomb went off inside it!!

I am so jealous of all the wonderful Fall decorating ideas I am getting glimpses of on all your Blogs!!
As I have mentioned before, I will be skipping Fall and Halloween decorating in the house this year but I will be going straight into Christmas decorating since I already have all my knick knacks and doo dads all packed up from the downstairs!

After they are done doing all the cutting of the flooring on my Front Porch, I hope to at least decorate the porch for Fall......

And I will be doing our church's Harvest Tea on October 9th. I will be decorating one table and my theme is "Quoth the Raven, Nevermore!"  I will be decorating it in Black, White and Silver......

I do have links to my Fall and Halloween decorations from last year on my side bar if you are interested......

 I will be linking up to these great parties this week:


TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY 
Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Wednesdays Adorned From Above Linky Party
 Home (Work) Wednesdays
 Lovely Ladies Linky Party
What's It Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesdays
 HOME Party on Wednesdays
Creative Wednesdays

THURSDAY
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Transformation Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Pearls and Lace Thursday
  Grace at Home Party
All Things Pretty Thursdays 
 Garden Party
Create it Thursday
Tablescape Thursday

FRIDAY
Fertilizer Friday
Home Sweet Home Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
 Show and Tell Friday
Tickled Pink Party
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
 What To Do Weekends
 Feature Friday Free For All 
 A Peek into Paradise TGIF Link Party
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Inspire Me Fridays 
 Anything Goes Linky Party 
Ladies Only Blog Share Linky Party
 Weekend Blog Linky Party
Friday Flair Link Party
Friday's Five Features Party 
Friday Favorites

SATURDAY
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
Party Junk
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party
 Finding the Pretty and Delicious Party
Saturday Show and Tell
    Serenity  Saturday
 Saturday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase

SUNDAY
Seasonal Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
That DIY Party
Inspired Sunday( Formerly Vintage View Sunday)
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...