I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Harvest Tea 2013, Part 3, Night of the Tea


I want to Thank Sandi, over at Rose Chintz Cottage for featuring my Post,
 The Remodel, Part 2, 4 Days of Transformation from Wednesday's Home Party which Sandy hosts weekly!
Thanks so much , Sandi!

I also want to Thank Richella over at Imparting Grace  for featuring my Kitchen and Powder Room Reveal
from last week's Grace At Home Party!
Thanks so much , Richella!!

And I also want to Thank Linda from over at Crafts a La Mode  for also featuring the same post,
Kitchen and Powder Room Reveal, from last week's What To Do Weekends Party!
Thanks so much , Linda!!

I want to Thank Holly over at  504 Main for featuring my post, Living Room Reveal ,from last week's
Tickled Pink Times Two Party!!
Thanks so much, Holly!!

Please visit and link up to these wonderful Parties!!

Thanks so much to all these great Hostesses for featuring my posts!!


Welcome to Part 3 of the Harvest Tea, the Evening of the Event!!

In Part 1, I shared my Theme Table, Quoth the Raven, NEVERMORE"  with all of you and in Part 2, I showed you all the other Tables at the Tea.

And now for the Evening of the Tea itself......
Our Parish Center or hall is very beautiful all lit with it's ambient lighting......
On the Evening of the Tea, which starts at 7:00 pm, guests usually start arriving around 6:30 pm so they have time to walk around and admire all the Tables......
It can get very hectic after that for the Hostesses....
As a Hostess, you are waiting and looking for your own guests and you are answering questions about your table that others may have.......
I must have said Dollar Tree a thousand times as people were asking where I bought different things for the Table!!
 You can see that I placed bags on all the seats for my Guests to take their favors home in......
  These pictures I took in Candlelight Mode......
You can see that I had all the candles lit......
I ended up changing things around a bit at my buffet table and I do apologize that I did not get to take pictures of what I served......
Here was my Menu:

A Hoagie Tray from Wegman's - 3 different  18 inch Hoagies cut in 6 pieces each
Chicken Salad ( Sheil's Shursave Market) on Wegman's Slider Buns
A Tray of 3 different cheeses, peperroni and grapes
Mini Cheese Cakes ( 3 different kinds)  from Sam's Club
Bite Size Brownies ( Sam's Club)
Cookies and Scones from Wegman's
Hershey Kisses

I was stressing over the food the weekend before and Joe stepped in and said " ORDER IT!!"  So I did and that made everything so much easier for me!!

Like I mentioned, it gets very hectic and crazy for the Hostesses once everyone starts to arrive so I apologize for the pictures I did get to take and those I forgot to take!!

Friends and Family were my guests.....

Here is Joe, having a smoke and a Coke, talking to our guest Janet as she arrived......
Janet taught both of my sons in grade school and has helped us every year that we ran our church's Flea Market......
She will also be helping us with the Craft fair......
You are going to notice that I asked all of my guests at my table to wear black and white to match the table and they all did!!

This is Lorraine's Table.......

Lorraine is in the black sitting.....
Lorraine's Daughter, Robin , works with me.  She is Director of Therapy Services in my department and is an Occupational Therapist!
She is going to kill me that I caught her eating!!
Here we are......

Yes, Joe usually attends the Tea because he knows everyone there and usually helps the other hostesses bring in their food and other things......
This is  the first time that I wore a belt in probably 15 years!!  I lost 40 pounds so far!! 20 more to go!!

I, unfortunately , did not get pictures that I wanted to take like myself and my friend, Anne Marie , who has now lost 89 pounds!!

Or myself with my sister, Barb and my niece, Lynn!
Starting from the left, Mary, a fellow RN who helped us every year with the Flea Market, my niece Lynn ( who is the same age as my oldest son, 31 y/o) texting, my Sister Barb, who is talking to Anne Marie, and Anne Marie, who now looks like a different person at 89 pounds thinner!!!


From the left: another Barb and Darlene, friends from church.

You can see all the people in the background .....


Betty and Barb.....

Betty's Son-in-Law is my Neurologist!!

Betty is close to 90 years old and had helped us with the Flea Market for over 10 years......


Betty wanted to wear her rose...... Doesn't she look lovely????


Meeting of the minds here.... Bill, who is President of our parish Council and will be helping run the Kitchen at the Craft Fair and Joe ,of course!!


Everyone in black and white.....

Joe and I sat by the buffet table as we had 10 guests!!


You can see how much weight Anne Marie lost!!! She looks fantastic!!


Darlene will be in charge of the kitchen at the Craft Fair.....

Mary is asking Bill and Darlene what can she donate to the Kitchen for the Craft Fair....
We have wonderful people in our parish.....


Everyone had a great time.....

I also forgot to mention that the local Catholic High School's Choir was the entertainment for the Evening.

Here are all the Hostesses!!
Joe took these pictures and forgive him please as he is not used to taking pictures with my camera or any camera for that matter!!   LOL!!

Dorothy ( middle in red ) is the Chairperson who is in charge of the Harvest Tea every year  and does a terrific job!! She is also the mayor of the town where our church is located....Laflin, Pa.
 Rosemary is in the brown on the right and is my Co Chair for the Craft Fair!! She is handling all the vendors....
 And there I am in the back... I think I was yelling at Joe to hurry up and take the picture!!



Because of these Hostesses, close to $3000 will be placed in a Scholarship Fund for the continuing Education of one of our Parish's High School Seniors.
I had a wonderful time and spent a terrific evening surrounded by those who mean the world  to me....Family and Friends!

God Willing , I will host another Theme Table for the Tea next year and I already have my Theme.

A White and Gold Christmas!

I will be keeping my eye out for things on clearance after Christmas to use for my Table.....

I hope you enjoyed my 3 Part Series on the Harvest Tea.......

I am waiting for rugs that I ordered from J.C. Penney's to come in for my Dining Room and then I will show you what my Dining Room looks like after the Remodel which will be the last Part in that Series of Posts!!

So I hope you will come back to visit.......

 I will be linking up to these great parties this week:

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Be Inspired Fridays
Thrifty Things Friday
Simple and Sweet Fridays
 Show and Tell Friday
Tickled Pink Party
 Flaunt It Fridays
 Fabulously Creative Friday Linky Party at Jennifer Rizzo's
 What To Do Weekends
 TGIF Link Party
Inspire Me Please Weekend Blog Hop
 Inspire Me Fridays 
 Anything Goes Linky Party 
Ladies Only Blog Share Linky Party
Anything Blue Fridays
 Weekend Blog Linky Party
Friday Flair Link Party
Friday's Five Features Party
Friday Favorites
 Let's Get Real Friday Party

SATURDAY
From the Farm Blog Hop
Pink Saturday
Party Junk
 Strut Your Stuff Saturdays
One Great Idea Saturday Party
 Finding the Pretty and Delicious Party
Saturday Show and Tell 
Serenity  Saturday
 Saturday SHOW-licious Craft Showcase

SUNDAY
Seasonal Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
That DIY Party
Inspired Sunday( Formerly Vintage View Sunday)
Submarine Sunday
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Sunday Showcase 


TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY 
Wednesdays Make, Bake and Create party
 Fluster's Creative Muster Wednesday's
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
 Lovely Ladies Linky Party
What's It Wednesday
Wonderful Wednesdays
 HOME Party on Wednesdays
Creative Wednesdays 

THURSDAY
Treasure Hunt Thursdays
Home and Garden Party Thursday
  Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
Time Travel Thursday
 Open House Party
Share Your Cup Thursday
Vintage Thingie Thursday
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Pearls and Lace Thursday
  Grace at Home Party
All Things Pretty Thursdays
Create it Thursday


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...