I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Guest Room Update, Part 1

It seems this room is always in a state of being re-decorated.........

First, I want to Thank Stephanie, over at The Enchanting Rose, for featuring my post, My Country Victorian Vintage Kitchen , Part 1 , from last week's Roses of Inspiration party!!
Thanks so much , Stephanie!!

Please stop by and link up to this great party!!

Now back to the Guest Room.......
 You may remember that I shared my Summer "Mantle" on the faux Fireplace in this room a few months back......
 Please click HERE if you missed that post......

I have added a few "new" pieces that I want to share with you even though I need to paint them .........

I hope I can get them painted by the Winter but that is only if I have the time to do so........

As part of my year of purging, organizing and cleaning, I have once again re-arranged this room.
I call this room my Bed and Breakfast Room......
Because this is the room that I would love to stay in if I stayed at a Bed and Breakfast......

Today, I want to share the corner of the room where the bed is......
 Above the door way into the room.....
 One of my favorite Quotes!!

Moving over to the corner.....
The shelf above the bed where my younger son ( whose room it once was) used to store books......
I kept it up so I could display some pretties on it!!
The pink and blue doilies were made by my maternal Grandmother......
I bought the swag light at an Estate Sale in my neighborhood last year.....
Above the bed.....
A Guardian Angel wind chime......

A pair of vintage floral pockets.......
I bought this floral swag at Salvation Army for $5.00 a few years ago.....
The Home Interiors picture came from a Flea Market and I painted the frame white.....
A figurine of a Father and child and a photo of my Dad as a young man......
In the corner......
The top plate was a gift to my mother from one of her Aunt's when she was first married......
A "new" table on the side of the bed......
This was originally a table that I bought at a Flea Market about 30 years ago and my Dad had applied an "Antique Finish" to it.............
I needed to make room for other things and I gave it and a matching bookcase that my Dad had made and I used when I was a child , to my neighbor Elly.
Dear Elly is now in a Nursing Home due to Alzheimer's and Joe and I are caring for her house as both of her sons live away.

They have graciously allowed me to take items from her home so I took back these 2 pieces which were originally mine.......
I plan on painting both the table and the bookcase white......
This table fits perfectly by the bed.......
I still have to "dabble" a bit with this lamp shade......
The lamp is vintage......
I love the sides of this table......
And it is perfect for storing some of my decorating books......
A vintage chamber pot sits on the floor by the bed......

Did you see the matching small pitcher on the table?
 It is over in the left corner.....

And the matching bowl and pitcher sits in a wash stand .........
I will show you the tea cup rack that hangs above the bed in Part 2........
And now to the bed.......
This is a  headboard that I bought for $7.00 at the same Estate Sale last year where I bought the swag lamp......
Yes, it is an Antique Yellow!!!!

I have not decided if I will paint it ...........
All the bedding was bought at our church Flea Market.........
I like to sit on this bed, using it as a Day Bed.......
As I went through things in the attic, I found these 2 guys!!
I have to give them a good cleaning and wash their clothes but they are my son's Cabbage Patch Dolls.......

On the left is Jimmy's Nathaniel Xavier and on the right is Joey's Kimball Nathaniel!!
These were bought in the 80's when Wilkes Barre gained national attention because of the local Zayre Store's manager waving a baseball bat to control the crowds rushing to buy Cabbage Patch Dolls!!

This Clip was taken from the New York Times describing what happened on Black Friday, November 27, 1983!!

"In Wilkes-Barre, Pa., a woman suffered a broken leg and four others were injured when 1,000 people, some of whom had been waiting for eight hours, rushed into the Zayre department store to snatch up the few Cabbage Patch Kids available.
The store manager, William Shigo, armed himself with a baseball bat. ''This is my life that's in danger,'' he said from behind a protective counter."

How did I get these sweet Cabbage Patch Dolls??? Joe was the head of Shipping and Receiving at a local Store and was able to get all the Cabbage Patch Dolls that he wanted!!  He was selling them to my friends and co workers out of the store's loading dock and then paying for them at the cash register. All perfectly legal!!

I hope you will come back to visit when I share Part 2 of my Guest Room Update......

 Wishing all of you a Happy Labor Day!!

It is my weekend and Holiday to work so I will be working Saturday and Sunday nights.

I will be off Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as Joe starts his 2 week vacation!

We hope to get a lot of seasonal work done around the house but with temps. predicted to be in the 90's at least for the first week of his vacation, I do not know how much we will be able to get done.......

I do hope to start my Fall decorating in the Living Room and Kitchen......

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

Hugs,
Debbie

I am linking up to these weekly parties:

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Share It Sunday
  Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sundays Down Under
Silver Pennies Sunday

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
 Busy Monday
  What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Make It Pretty Monday
Merry Monday Linky Party
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
    Blue Monday

TUESDAY
 Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
 Vintage Inspiration Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
What's It Wednesday

THURSDAY
 Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
 It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
Grace at Home Party
Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
 The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Friday Features Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
  Friday Favorites
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 
  Anything Blue  Fridays

SATURDAY
 The Creative Collection Link Party
  Pink Saturday
 Saturday Sparks

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...