I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Sausage Filling


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Now  I make no bones about the fact that I HATE to cook.........

I know how to cook but I would rather do just about anything BUT cook.......

For Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter, I make a very EASY Sausage Filling to serve with Turkey.........

And I mean easy because I just came home after working all night and threw it together and popped it in the oven so I will only have to heat it up tomorrow for Dinner as I am also working tonight ( Thanksgiving Eve, remember Hospitals never close!)

This post took longer to do than the Filling did!!

4 simple ingredients and seasonings.......
 1 Bag of Martin's Potatobred Soft Cubed Stuffing......
 Diced Celery........

I use about 3/4's of the container.....
 Yes, I get fresh already diced celery!!

3/4 - 1 lb. of Pork Sausage and 1 jar of  Heinz Pork Home Style Gravy......
 Mix stuffing, celery and gravy in a bowl.......
 Mine is a bowl from Tupperware called "That's a Bowl"............
 Fry the sausage up until brown........
 Drain and add to the stuffing mixture........
I season with onion salt ( you can add diced onions but the boys do not like them), garlic salt and pepper!

Pour mixture into a pan and YES, I even use a disposable tin foil pan!!
Cover with tin foil and bake in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes!!
  And here it is ready to serve........
 I cut it into squares and place it on a nice platter to serve. Pour gravy over or eat just like this!!
 The potatobred stuffing and the gravy make it nice and moist.

Another option would be to use turkey sausage and turkey gravy to moisten the stuffing......

 EASY PEASY but delicious!!

And may I add that Sam's Club makes a mean apple pie!!  We do not care for pumpkin.....




Sausage Filling

3/4 lb. of pork sausage
I package of Bread crumbs ( Martin's potato Bread Cubes)
3/4 tsp. of pepper
1 teaspoon of salt
1 can of Heinz Pork Gravy
1 cup of chopped celery
Sprinkle with onion and garlic salt

Fry sausage
Combine all ingredients in large bowl
Make sure bread crumbs are moistened by gravy
Pour into baking dish, cover with tin foil, use second rack

Bake for 45 minutes in a 350 degrees preheated oven

ENJOY!!!

Just the 5 of us will be enjoying Thanksgiving Dinner together around 4:00 pm so I can sleep a bit in the morning after working the night before and so Jim and Danielle can get a bit of sleep before they go in to work at Target for 10:00 pm on Thanksgiving Night.........

I have worked either the Eve or the Day of every Thanksgiving for the past 37 years so working on a Holiday is no big deal for my family....We just work around it!!

I am off on Thursday and Friday nights though.......

I hope you get to spend Thanksgiving with those you love!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

And I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie


I will be linking up to these parties:


THURSDAY
 Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
 It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday 
 Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
 The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Friday Features Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
 Friday Favorites
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
What To Do Weekends
  Friday's Five Features Party 
   Flaunt It Fridays

SATURDAY
  Pink Saturday
 Best of the Weekend Party
  The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Share It Sunday
  Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sundays Down Under
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
 Busy Monday
  What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Make It Pretty Monday
Merry Monday Linky Party
Cooking and Crafting with J & J

TUESDAY
    Show and Share Party
 No Place Like Home Party 
 Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
 Vintage Inspiration Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
What's It Wednesday


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...