I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Few "Different" Plant Containers and Stands!


 ATTENTION: MY MAIN BLOG, DEBBIE-DABBLE, IS HAVING MAJOR ISSUES AND I HAVE LOST ACCESS TO CHANGE ANYTHING IN THE LAYOUT OF THE BLOG SO I HAVE DECIDED TO START A NEW BLOG BECAUSE I FEEL THE ISSUE WITH MY FORMER BLOG MAY NEVER BE RESOLVED.

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

If you followed me on my other Blog, I would so appreciate it if you will follow me on this blog too!!!!

Links are on my Side Bar!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!!

We celebrated on Sunday as I worked on Monday night, the 4th of July!!

I thought I would share some slightly "different" plant containers and plant stands that I have used in my Cottage Garden Back Yard this year......
I decided to turn this large Home Interiors Bird Cage into a planter for the Summer.......
I started with a bow at the top made from Burlap Ribbon bought last year at Dollar Tree

I bought the large coconut liners at Lowe's and filled it will potting soil.......
I planted a new guinea impatien in the cage.......
Added a solar light for the evening.....
And a Bird Pick.....
Here it is a few weeks ago in full bloom.....
More buds are starting to open and soon the new guinea impatien will be in full bloom again......

This metal crate was given to me by a neighbor.......
I wondered what I would do with it and then realized that I had an extra coconut liner......
So I decided to plant a Gerber Daisy that I had bought at a local Nursery's clearance sale in it.....
Love the look of the crate.......
I also stuck a solar light in it for the evening hours......
I placed a potted geranuim inside this terra cotta Wine Cooler.....
A little elevation off the ground  creates a bit more interest!!
2 "different" types of plant containers......
I have also used chairs bought at yard sales as containers to plants......
When you remove the seat, a pot fits inside the seat rim perfectly!!
Here is another one!!

And this year, I used these wrought iron chairs as plant stands out in the garden.....
 These 2 pots fit perfectly on the seat of these chairs.....
 The impatiens planted in these pots are starting to fill in nicely......
As are these that I planted in these hanging bags........
 This post was just to share what a little imagination can do!

Soon, I will be sharing the other half of Our Bright and Colorful Patio!!
 So I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

 I hope you will also take some time to visit my Christmas Blog, A Debbie-Dabble Christmas, where I am posting, celebrating Christmas in July!!
 Click HERE to see my post, The Spirit of Christmas Books, 1-4!

I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

  If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


Hugs,
Debbie
 
I will be linking up to these parties!!
June Garden Party

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
Home Matters Linky Party
Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Five Star Frou Frou Party

SATURDAY
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Tea Time,Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party
Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party




Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

32 comments:

  1. Your selection of fun containers for the patio have added so much eye candy to your patio Debbie! I'm looking forward to your faux fireplace reveal later.....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Fantastic garden! Greetings! Kiss:)))

    xxBasia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting inspiration from others.

    We have a metal milk crate sitting next to the fire pit and Steve uses it to hold wood. He might be disappointed on Saturday night when we sit by the fire pit because I am going to copy your idea to use it as a plant container.


    Thanks for sharing with SYC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your thinking! Different plant holders add so much character and uniqueness to the garden. It's fun.

    Thank you so much for joining Thoughts of Home on Thursday. We are honored to have you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. {{{big, big smiles}}} I love the chairs...ok...everything. smiles. Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, you have really been 'thinking out of the box' with your planting , Deb!I love the wire chairs with the heartshapes.
    The bright corner with the seating in the last pic looks SO fun and inviting. Is that a faux window with shutters? It works so well.
    If I were a fairy or a garden elf I would make your garden my playground, it is so whimsical!
    Bless your heart, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is a treat; so many details add fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a really beautiful garden. So many fun and creative ideas.

    thanks for the inspiration,
    Patti @ Embracing Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry you were hacked. That word (hack) brings fear to my heart. I am thinking about getting rid of my Google + because it seems that every time I publicize a post there, I receive very inappropriate emails with a day or two. It's the only thing I can think of. Well enough with nasty hackers! I love the garden planter ideas! I would never have thought of removing seats so that the chairs become planters. Very clever Debbie! Can't wait to see you Christmas blog come alive. I am crazy about Christmas and always enjoy visiting your blog.
    Blessings from Lynda at Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the metal crate is my favorite, but I have to laugh! The ice cream parlor chairs are great as planters, but in my house, they are my dining room chairs! LOL
    Great post!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of these different planters! Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, Thanks so muchf or stopping by to visit!! I could not get in touch with you any other way so I left your return comment here!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  12. I like how you used everyday articles to display your plants. It looks so pretty. You have quite the green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you have inspired me to the max! I've been wondering how to spruce up my dull front and back patios and your creative use of objects as planters is just what I needed to see. thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all these ideas. Creativity is the spice of any container gardening and you've really outdone yourself! My fave is the metal crate - never seen that before. Love it! (visiting from Snickerdoodle Sunday). Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jelica,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!!I could not find any other way to get in touch with you so I am leaving a comment here.!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  15. Such brilliant ideas, Debbie. The garden looks so colorful and vibrant.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry to hear you have been having technical difficulties, these computers are great when it's going well, but then once someone attacks or something goes wrong it can be hard to know the best way to fix it.
    You have so many beautiful and unusual planters, such a feast for the yes, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Terrific ways to show off your lovely plants, I do like the ones that sit down into the chair, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Debbie:
    The little cupid under the chair was my favorite thing! I think he is hiding! Thanks for linking and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Ideas. I love the unusual to plant flowers. Thanks for sharing. LYnn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Debbie, I love the chairs and bird cage used as planters. They are really sweet and add a lot of character to your garden. The little cupid under the white chair was a cute touch too. Lovely images and lots of posies; loved it! Thanks for sharing with us.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have a beautiful garden Debbie. I would love a bird cadge for my flowers!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and linking up..

    ReplyDelete
  22. Debbie, Repurposed garden containers are my favorite! The metal crate is my favorite--pinning to our Features and Favorites board! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all of these different planters. My favorite is the pink chair, but they are all really neat. I just finished planting some things on my terrace. Fingers crossed that they will actually grow. I have a mad black thumb. Thanks so much for linking up to Tips and Tricks. I hope to see you again this week. Have a great weekend. Pinning this on our group board.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like how you displayed your plants Debbie! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Debbie, Your garden pictures are beautiful! All of the planters are wonderful, but that bird cage turned planter is my favorite! Such a wonderful idea! Thanks so much for coming over and visiting and sharing your posts with us at Brag About It! I appreciate you :) Pinned to share.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, Debbie, Sorry to hear about your blog problems. Hope all is well now. You are being featured tonight at the new party and pinned to my garden board on Pinterest. Hope you are having a wonderful summer. Your friend, Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very creative ideas! Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    Julie
    LiveFromJuliesHouse.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are such neat ideas!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, and tips: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Debbie, these are all such great looking planters! I especially love the cage. What a pretty way to display your lovely plants and flowers. Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Debbie,
    I am featuring your wonderful post this week at No Place Like Home. Enjoy your day, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...