I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Friday, March 3, 2017

St. Patrick's Day China Cupboard, Part 1, 2017

Welcome!!!

The only room that I decorate for St. Patrick's Day is our Den as I decorate the rest of the downstairs for Easter since these 2 holidays are so close together some years......

But before I go any further, I want to Thank Laurie, over at My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies, for featuring my post, Winter/Valentine's Decorations in the Powder Room, from last week's Brag About It Link party!!
Thanks so much , Laurie!!

And I also want to Thank Kathy, over at A Delightsome Life, for featuring my post, Victoria on PBS, from last week's Home and Garden Thursday Link Party!!
Thanks so much, Kathy!!

Please stop by and link up to these great parties!!!

Today, I am going to share my china cupboard in the Den, decorated for St. Patrick's Day......
 Our area is BIG on celebrating St. Patrick's Day because of the huge population of Irish Immigrants that settled here in the early 1800's.......

There are Celebrations and Parades almost all month with the first parade on Saturday, March 4 in Pittston....

There is also the parade in Scranton which is one of the largest St. Patrick's Day parades in the Country......

Hilary Clinton will be the Speaker for the annual Irish Women's St. Patrick's Day Dinner in Scranton and Vice President Joe Biden has also been the Speaker in the past for the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick's Dinner.

They both have family ties to the Scranton area......

 I am going to split this into 2 posts with this one sharing the top half of the display.......
You may remember that I used these dishes in a table setting for New Year's Day........
The pattern is called "Old Curiosity Shop".....

I like to use them over the Christmas Holidays because they remind me of a Charles Dicken's village in A Christmas Carol ( Scrooge) but they also remind me of a village in Ireland.......
And of course, because they are green, I thought they would be perfect for a St. Patrick's display in the china cupboard..........
I also decorated the side of the china cupboard......
I re- made this clover wreath last year after buying it at a flea market......
Strung some green ribbon through it and added some fresh faux St. Patrick's flower from Dollar tree to the middle of it......
Over on the other side, hanging off the door.......
Is a wreath that I made.....
Underneath it hangs a plaque bought a few years ago at Dollar Tree.......
Let's take a look inside the cupboard.......
I also used some green depression glass pieces......
And a tea set bought at T.J.Maxx's a few years ago......
The first shelf.......
Some flowers from Dollar Tree placed in the mugs and leprechaun hats also from Dollar Tree
Green foil paper shamrock doilies.......
And a few gold ball ornaments.......
The middle shelf.......
In the center is a green depression glass bowl trimmed in gold......
Inside the bowl is a green carnation, a hat and shamrock beads......
The bottom shelf......
More flowers and gold ball ornaments........
Why the gold accents??????
After all, aren't Leprechaun's always searching for that Pot of Gold??????
In my next post, I will share how I decorated around the bottom of the china cupboard.......
And in a future post, I will share my St. Patrick's Tree in the Den.......
So I hope you will come by and visit  again!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie

  I am linking up to these parties:

Fabulous Spring/Easter Linky Party

SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Tuesdays At Our Home
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
The Homesteader Hop

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Creative Exchange
The Homemaking Party
TaDa Thursday Link Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

25 comments:

  1. You know Debbie, you sure can make me smile...except for the Hillary comment, giggling and wink. Sigh, I need to borrow you...smiles---this old house sure needs a facelift. smiling

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful decorations Debbie. I have never seen a set of dishes like those. So very different. Nice they can be used at different holidays.

    Did you know our area here in Michigan was also settled by the Irish and where we live is smack in the middle of what is know as " The Irish Hills" I am actually doing a week end theme in August at camp called " An Irish Hills Homecoming". We will be celebrating our Irish Heritage. This is a new theme for me and I am hoping our campers enjoy learning a bit about our Irish Hills area.

    Enjoy your week end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that your green decors are very elegant. The green plates are gorgeous.
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your green dishes, Debbie. Your wreath looks great, too. Thanks for sharing at Snickerdoodle. Pinning to my St Patrick's Day board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love dishes! If I had room to store them...I'd have a different pair out for each holiday!Megs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you embrace every date with so much creativity. Using a Christmas tree for other times of the year is a lovely idea #CreativeMondays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dishes are so lovely. You are so amazing with all of your fabulous holiday decorating. I look forward to seeing what you are decorating next.
    Thanks for sharing at Over The Moon Party,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie,
    Everytime I look at your St. Patrick decorations, I see something different. Love the tree.
    Thanks for sharing at Happiness Is Homemade Party,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very festive and fun. I am always amazed at how much you manage to do! This is delightful. Everyone wants to be Irish this time of year! The new link is up at Our Holiday Journeys. Come over and get the party started!
    http://ourholidayjourney.blogspot.com/2017/03/fabulous-springeaster-link-party-2.html
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally love the lace clover wreath. Those dishes are just beautiful and perfect for your St. Patty's decorations. My hubby had to go to ireland and he bought me some lace earrings, wish I could have went there too

    ReplyDelete
  11. Debbie, you are ready with the green! It's fun to see your collection of Old Curiosity Shop. I think I've mentioned before, this was one of the patterns of dishes my mom had when I was a child. I grew up eating many a meal off of this pattern. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that china. Fun decorations for St. Patricks Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your green plates and accessories Debbie. You have some lovely dinner sets :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your Shamrock wreath! From the sneak peek at your tree, I can see that it is gorgeous! Can't wait to get a better look.....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debbie, I love your beautiful display in your china cupboard. Those dishes are gorgeous! I love the wreath that you make and the makeover of the Shamrock wreath - wow! Thanks for stopping in and sharing with us at Brag About It this week! Heading over to see more on the tree! Have a wonderful week and as always - take care of you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Boy you did a lot of work. The cabinet looks great first time seeing these dishes. Nice display the tree is awesome. Thank you for sharing with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a dish treat to come here this morning with my coffee! The cabinet and dishes caught my eye. Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have the same set of dishes. They belonged to my grandmother who passed away at the age of 99 almost 6 years ago. I have so many wonderful memories of Sunday pot roast dinners & Thanksgiving turkey eaten from these plates. My grandmother got these dishes by redeeming S & H green stamps, most likely during the late 50's or early 60's. My favorite piece is the serving platter. My mom displays 1 in her china cabinet & I do the same. These are much loved & I use them as everyday dinner dishes several times a week, alternating with a set of Bennington Pottery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your memories of using these dishes!! I hope to be able to collect more pieces.... I could not find anywhere else to return your comment so I am doing so here.....
      Hugs,Deb

      Delete
  19. Debbie, what a fabulous display of green! I have a few of those dishes, but usually don't pull them out until summer for our Pioneer Day holiday. They are perfect for St. Patty's too. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all your St. Patrick's Day decor and that you go all out when you decorate. I have to admit not much St. Paddy's decor here but I usually go all out for Easter. Thank you for sharing all your lovely green decor at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Debbie, what a wonderful display for St. Patrick's Day! Thank you for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fantastic collection of green plates! I love this! I love the teddies too - never too old to have teddy bears, IMO!! Thanks for sharing for Thursday Favorite Things! I have featured you on my blog for our party!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Debbie, you never cease to amaze me! I'm a big fan of St. Patrick's Day, and your display is just incredible. LOVE that green and white china--how perfect!

    Thanks so much for joining the Grace at Home party. I'm featuring you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun way to decorate for St. Patrick's Day! I really like the tree!!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...