I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Fall/Halloween Decor at Gabes & What I Bought

 Welcome!!

Fall is fast approaching and I am SO looking forward to it!!

The Autumn/Halloween Season is my favorite time of the year!!

I am not a lover of Summer because of side effects from medication and auto immune disease that cause me to suffer from Sun and Heat sensitivity.......

If the temp. never got above 70, I would be one happy person!!

 However, I am really liking this forecast for our area for the next few days!!

 Joe and I have been scouting out the stores looking for interesting Fall/Halloween decor......

Not that I really need anything because if you have visited here before, you know I have a LOT of decorations for EVERY Holiday and Season!!

But I do like to look for unique decorations to add to my collection and each year, I go through what I have and pass on a few decorations to my nieces.

This year, I will be passing on my Halloween village that I have had since my sons were children to my niece Renae so my great nieces Cortney, Caitlin and Carly can enjoy it........
Last year, I gave the silver Tree to my niece Lynn to use in her daughter Madalynn's room for Christmas and I bought a new sturdier silver tree to decorate for Halloween at Big Lot's on Clearance after Christmas........

My Halloween Tree in the Dining Room will not be set up on the buffet as it has been in the past.......

I have other plans for the buffet this year for Halloween since I will not have the village set up there anymore.......

I will be sharing those plans soon......

I LOVE Gabes and they have some interesting Fall and Halloween decor that I thought I would share......

Shall we take a look?
I  wish I had a place to put those bats!!
    Lots of lanterns........
All different kinds of lanterns!!
Aren't these great?????
  Love these witch's boots!!
Lot of lights........
Okay, so you want to see what I bought?????
The vine was $4.00 and the large Harvest sign, which I intend to display on the front porch, was only $7.99!!

Here it is on display in the store......
See it hanging behind those Bats??

I also bought this unique candelabra.......
It holds 3 candles.......
 Now where else have you seen a skeleton with bat wings holding witch's caldrons in each hand!!

  It was only $2.99!!!!!

We went to Marshall's next and I could not resist this.......
It was $14.99.......

I thought it was so unique!!

Those 2 items will be used in my Dining Room........

I did buy a few more things........
I bought this Acorn with a candle inside of it at Big Lot's........
It was $14.99 but I had a coupon for $5.00 off of $20........

I bought this mercury glass Owl in T.J. Maxx's for $5.99!!
I also bought a few things in Dollar Tree..........
I loved this leaf dishes........
They are orange, rust and green.......
And I grabbed these 3 metallic pumpkins because once they sold out last year, which was quite quickly I might add, they never got them back in.......
Orange, gold and copper.........
2 packs of LED Leaf lights........
And these sweet Owls will be ornaments on my Living Room Autumn Tree.......
I love this ribbon and I already used it for a Halloween project which I will be sharing in a future post......
And I almost forgot to show you this pretty orange glitzy ribbon........
So that was my Dollar Tree haul.........
I hope you enjoyed seeing what I bought for Fall and Halloween decorating......
In my next post, I will be sharing how I embellished a few Fall ornaments......
So I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......

  I am linking up to these parties:

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party 

MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 
Wednesday AIM Linky Party
Waste Not Wednesday

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Feathered Nest Friday

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

9 comments:

  1. You found some really pretty things to use in your fall decorating! Can't wait to see what you do with all your great finds....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall, but I am so not ready for it. Can it just stay August for a little longer? I spent most of my time helping my elderly parents from mid-May to mid-July (my mom had pneumonia, and at 88 and in stage 4 kidney failure, and with my dad quickly approaching 95 - I needed to be there), so much of my summer was missed - especially the pool in my back yard.

    Love the fall and Halloween decor - I usually just do fall and add a bit of Halloween for fun, since I usually only have time to decorate once!

    Happy almost Fall. PS - Where is Gabe's? Is it a chain? Never heard of it before, but it looks like a fun place to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the fall season so I have been getting a little excited for it to come, Looks like you found a lot of goodies, my hubby bought those leaf lights at the dollar store also :) Do you have a Menard's near by you? They have a really fantastic set up there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love those bats too! It's always fun to shop for the new season, isn't it? You found some great stuff. Looking forward to seeing what you will be sharing this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so hard to think of fall when the temp is in the 90s. You found some great fall items and I can see a fall tree in your future.Thanks for sharing your wonderful posts at Over The Moon Party.
    See you next week.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I am envying your 70 degree weather! Love that Harvest sign and the mercury glass pieces! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoo this looks like a great store for Halloween things. You got some great things here Debbie :) Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Debbie all your finds are so gorgeous and I am sure they will find their place among the others at your home :)

    www.artdecorationcrafting.gr

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...